Natural Sea Sponges
Natural Sea Sponges
All Natural Sea Sponges in sets of 3 or 5
Trial size contains: One Small, One Medium and One Large Sponge, Set of Directions and One Muslin Storage Bag.
Full set contains: One Tiny, One Small, One Medium, One Large and One Extra Large Sponge, Set of Directions and Two Muslin Storage Bags.
- Tiny Sponge Measures Approx: 1-1.5"
- Small Sponge Measures Approx: 1.5-2"
- Medium Sponge Measures Approx: 2-2.5"
- Large Sponge Measures Approx: 2.5-3"
- Extra Large Sponge Measures Approx: 3-3.5"
**All Sea Sponges are unique and one of a kind. Expect variation in shape, texture, size and color.**
Directions before use:
1. Hand wash sponge in warm water with a chemical and fragrance free soap OR soak for 5-10 minutes in a cup of warm water with ONE of the following:
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp hydrogen peroxide
2. Thoroughly rinse and squeeze out all excess water.
3. Your sponge is now ready for use!
Your sponge can be trimmed to fit your comfort and absorption needs:
- Sponges are easiest to trim when wet.
- Use clean, sharp scissors to cut around the edges of the sponge until you reach your desired size. (Trimming the sponge does reduce its absorption).
- Trim any loose pieces of sponge before use.
Sponges must be completely dry before storage. After a thorough rinse, leave sponge on a towel to completely air dry. Do not dry in an oven, microwave or clothes dryer.
Do not leave a sponge to sit in moisture, i.e shower, sink, etc.
If your sponge begins to show staining/discoloration after use, you can soak it in one cup warm water with one tablespoon hydrogen peroxide. (Staining will not affect sponge absorbency or usage.)
When your sponge begins to fall apart (depending on usage - anywhere from 3-6 months), stop using and throw in your compost bin for a truly waste-free product!
Do NOT boil or bleach your sponge.
Sponges should be used for NO LONGER than four hours! Remove, rinse and reinsert.
For easier removal of sponge, you can thread a piece of dental floss through the middle of the sponge with a needle and tie it off at the end.
All sea sponges available are Mediterranean Silk Sponges.